Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Just back from my Love and Logic class...

Our little guy is stubborn... no willful... well, he's like a bull...
He and I lock horns a lot!

A couple Sundays ago, the woman sitting behind us at church leans over and whispers to me...
"Toni, your little guy just loves to get your goat!"

Church is a big challenge for Aaron and I.

OK... Love and Logic. Rich and I need help!
Tonight we were watching some of the training videos and Jim Faye says something like...

Stong willed people love choices. It was like a light bulb going on. It was an ahhhh moment. Of course!

I am also one of those strong willed people. I detest (probably most people do!) being told what to do. Give me a choice and I'm OK.

Poor Aaron... up till now... I've been constantly TELLING HIM WHAT TO DO!

From module 3 of our training book:
"A child who feels he has some control over his life, will spend little time and energy trying to manipulate and control the parent."

Aaron needs to make some choices. Choices that I can live with... So, here's the rules on sharing control (letting our kids make choices that we can live with).

http://www.loveandlogic.com/Pages/0401sharingcontrol.html

Tomorrow morning Aaron's going to get lots of choices.
  • Would you like to go to school with your coat on or take it with you.
  • Would you rather go to school in the clothes on your body (usually just underware!) or put these on?
  • Which would you prefer for breakfast, toast or cereal?

1 comment:

Toni said...

This morning went really well! Aaron loved being in control and making his choices.

Matthew on the other hand said, Mom... will you quit it with all the choices?