Friday, October 08, 2004

Our move from Boston to rural Wyoming...

I grew up in the city, on the Northshore in a suburb of Boston. Up until last year, I had never lived outside of Massachusetts!

I met my sweet husband, Richard, at Fisher College (in Boston's Back Bay) where we both worked. I remember the first time we met... there was this cute guy in his gray business suit with COWBOY BOOTS! (Now, this was a ways back when cowboy boots were NOT in fashion in Boston.)

Every couple years we would go home to visit his family. A little country town in the wide open spaces of northern Wyoming... not far from the Yellowstone National Park. It was such a charming little town!

On one of my first visits there, his parents had us out for a site seeing tour. I was looking at all the horses. I remarked to Rich's Mom that the horses looked happy because they were all wagging their tales. LOL! She said, Toni, those horses are moving their tails to keep the flies off... not because they're happy. Oh! (My experience with animals was limited to cats and dogs... hey, it made sense in my mind!)

Here's a link with some information about Wyoming.
http://www.codywyomingnet.com/

No comments: