Thursday, October 21, 2004

The Potato Experiment....

Today we're digging up the potatoes.

Round about June, I had this bag of potatoes that we're sprouting in my pantry. So... I decided... what the heck.... never grown potatoes before.... but...

I cut up the potatoes with the eyes and planted them in my garden. The boys and I are going to dig them up today and see what we've got!

Next year I want to plant Yukon Golds. They have a nice almost creamy texture. They're really delicious!

I made home-made french fries last night to go with our hamburgers. My son Matthew was rather hesitant about the whole thing.... "Mom, I hope that they come out better than last time..."

They did!!! There weren't enough!

2 comments:

Toni said...

Well, we dug up a couple plants....
But... the potatoes were really small! Bite size, actually.

Guess that I put them in too late.

Toni said...

Anyone got some sage advice for Potatoe Growing?