Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Twas the Night of Thanksgiving...

A friend dropped by to wish me a Happy Thanksgiving and shared this poem...
I laughed and laughed!

Twas the night of Thanksgiving, but I just couldn't sleep. I tried counting backwards, I tried counting sheep. The leftovers beckoned-- The dark meat and white, but I fought the temptation with all of my might!

Tossing and turning with anticipation.... The thought of a snack became infatuation... So I raced to the kitchen, flung open the door, and gazed at the fridge full of goodies galore. I gobbled up turkey and buttered potatoes, pickles and carrots, beans and tomatoes...

I felt myself swelling so plump and so round, till all of a sudden, I rose off the ground!!
I crashed through the ceiling, floating into the sky.... with a mouthful of pudding and a handful of pie.

But I mangaed to yell as I soared past the trees....
Happy Eating to All--Pass the Cranberries Please!
May your stuffing be tasty,
May your turkey be plump,
May your taters 'n gravy have nary a lump!
May your yams be delicious, May your pies take the prize,
May your Thanksgiving Dinner stay off of your thighs!!!
Happy Thanksgiving!
author unknown

No comments: