Saturday, May 15, 2010

We have a co-op!

Bountiful Baskets has arrived in our little town! We have our own little co-op of fresh fruit and veggies!

You should have seen the wonderful cooperation among the 15 to 20 ladies who all went to work... unloading the truck... parsing out the goodies. That statement, "many hands make light work" is so true! Two pallets of fresh fruit and veggies went home to 80 families!

In our baskets went...
tomatoes
brussell spouts
romaine lettuce
baby carrots
squash
corn on the cob

melon
lime
apples
peaches
bananas

I'm sure that I've forgotten something...

All for a contribution of $15! And everything is sooo nice and fresh... and tasty!

As soon as I figure out how to get the pictures out of my phone... I'll post them!

I made chicken salad sandwiches for lunch with sliced tomato and topped with romaine lettuce... and carrots on the side! So delish!!!!

No comments: