Tuesday, December 07, 2010

A fast breakfast for kids (and us big kids too) who...

Good morning!  It's a bone chilling 12 degrees Fahrenheit this morning in northern Wyoming....  Burr...

Do you have kids that run out the door for school without eating breakfast?  Or maybe you find yourself running to work on an empty stomach...

One of boys has to be out the door before 6:45am... and really struggles with eating so early in the morning.

My friend Peg told me about these Energizing  Protein balls that she's made for years and suggested that I try them.   They are yummy!

I've come up with my own twist that the kids love!  And I call my version, Energizing Crispy Peanut Butter Balls!
Energizing Crispy Peanut Butter Balls... almost gone!


They're loaded with energy sustaining protein!!!!   And they only take a few minutes to whip up.

Here's what you need:

Shaklee Energizing Soy Protein... or... Shaklee Cinch Shake (I use chocolate)
Peanut Butter  (or my friend Peg suggested using Hazelnut butter or Cashew butter)
Rice Crispies
Honey or Agave

In a mixing bowl (I use my Kitchen Aid mixer with the mixer paddle), add 1 serving of Shaklee protein, an equal amount of peanut butter,  about 3 tablespoons or more of rice crispies... and enough honey (we use agave) to keep it all together.

Mix briefly until it forms a loose dough.

Form into little balls.  Put them on a pretty serving dish on the table at breakfast time and after school.

Freeze the extras... if there are any!

No comments: