Saturday, March 26, 2005

Out for a walk...

The boys were at the park playing and Rich was home making his very yummy clam chowder. Oh man... is that stuff good!!! Rich warned me NOT to BLAME him if I gain 2 pounds tomorrow....

I decided to escape for a nice walk down to our property. It was a pleasant late afternoon with bright sunshine. I walked around the upper blocks near our property then down the canal road backtracking to our little piece of Wyoming.

There's this open spot that is prairy grass surrounded by Russian Olive Trees. Oh... the view of the mountains... Heart Mountain and Bear Tooth Mountain crowned in snow shimmering in the beautiful colors of sunset. I just stood and stared at the majestic beauty.

Then I sat down in the prairy grass just memerized by the quiet of my peaceful solitude. Ahh... Soon, I found myself laying back in the grass, my eyes focusing on the white puffy, swirly cloud formations with a background of bright blue sky.

I have found a new special place...

I came home at dusk to find my family enjoying that clam chowder without me... Richard was ready to send out the calvary to retrieve me...

No comments: