Friday, September 02, 2005

Canning... canning...

I'm amazed at the large garden on the side of our house. We're growing: Corn, Tomatoes, Yukon Gold Potatoes, Beets, Carrots, Peppers, Cucumbers, and Green Beans.

It's just done so beautifully. I've spent the day picking carrots and green beans... and a few tomatoes. Well, actually... it's the canning part that's taken all afternoon. But now we have some garden yummies perserved for the winter.

There is nothing like fresh canned veggies in the middle of the winter!

I decided to bite the bullet this year and by myself a pressure canner... OK it was on sale... It's a really good investment if you're going to have a garden.

Canning veggies is new to me. So is gardening! This is my 2nd summer as a country girl! I grew up in the suburbs of Boston. Now we're enjoying country life in a little town in northern Wyoming.

Ahhh... I'm a little pooped now! But very happy with my progress!

No comments: