Thursday, March 26, 2009

How to Survive Lowes...

Mom and I were walking to the post office this morning... talking about our Lowes adventures... and how long we spend at Lowes with our hubbies...

Rich and I are building a house. Have you been to my house building adventure blog? NO??? OK... here's the link: How's the House

Well, when you're building a new home... you spend LOTS and LOTS of time at Lowes! I mean... hours... 3, 4 hours... maybe more. And you spend LOTS and LOTS of money there!

I have to share this with you...
Last week I was to Lowes with my older son who is now 15! He said, "Mom, where is your parking spot?" So, I'm like... "what do you mean?" So he proceeds to tell me that we should have a special parking spot there at Lowes because we spend so much time & money there.

On one of our recent trips to Lowes... this would be ONE of the "we're there till closing... or they're waiting for all of our stuff to be rung up... so that they can CLOSE!" kind... The assistant manager calls over to us from the customer service booth thingy and says, "Don't you guys ever see daylight?"

Oh and YES... we do know all the department heads in the crutial departments... like mill works, flooring, and electrical. Great guys actually! Very helpful!!!

OK... so... How to Survive your 3-5 or more hours at Lowes... when you're the support person...

Step 1... (Mom and I agreed on this one! Actually this was her suggestion.)
Dress in layers. It is so hot in that place. Be sure to wear a t-shirt.

Step 2...
Bring some water.
I get so parched there... this is crucial! A snack might be nice too!

Step 3...
Wear comfortable shoes.
For me... it's my Brooks sneakers or my Keen sandals.

Step 4...
Bring a book along.
I have scouted out all the places where you can find seating.... like in plumbing... or flooring... or the kitchen cabinet area. That cement floor gets to me after a while!

Step 5...
Bring your cell phone.
Well, you want to connect with your Lowes enthusiast when it's time to go on your next adventure... like maybe to Costco!

If I missed anything that you've found helpful, let me know!

No comments: